At Kaufman Homes we take the building of your dream home as a compliment because you have selected us to be your contractor.
Our goal is to always make the building, remodeling, and home repair experience enjoyable by using our expertise, experience, knowledge and systems to provide you with all the tools to help you make decisions and to keep you informed at all times of any financial consequences.
Since 1975, we have been very successful and this can be confirmed by calling many of our past customers. Remember, a custom Homebuilder’s reputation is shaped by, and follows after, pride in his work and the results of many successfully completed jobs.
Initial Client Contact
- Overview of Design-Build process
- Commence Pre-Construction Contract
- Discussion of Site Info – Clarify site details and acquire additional information (topography, geotechnical engineering, etc) as required
- Basic design, specification, and budget review to clarify the general direction
- Create conceptual model
- Presentation and client review of conceptual model
- Designer modifies as required for client satisfaction
- Formulate and present preliminary budget and specifications on client approved conceptual model
- Designer modifies design & specifications as required
- Designer proceeds with construction plan documents which include all permit ready plans and engineering
- Upon completion of Plan Documents:
- Plans submitted to local City/County jurisdiction for plans review
- Specifications & Budget development
SPECIFICATION & BUDGET:
- Material selections are made and solidified
- Detailed specifications developed
- Final budget developed
- Construction schedule created
- Construction package presented to client
- Construction contract reviewed and signed
- Obtain building permits
- Client provided with chronological dated construction decision list
- Commencement of construction
- Continuous review of design and product selection
- A fine custom home/remodel has been crafted as envisioned
What is Quality Home Construction?
- First, it starts with honesty and integrity.
- Quality is the merging of good design and decorating with appropriate products and materials — installed with superior workmanship. Kaufman Homes contracts with only the finest Custom Home craftsman and subcontractors, and the most reputable suppliers in our region.
- There is a vast difference in products and workmanship. And that, along with amenity level, is what drives the cost of any project — from a bathroom remodel to a new custom home. A good example is the different quality levels of framing expertise and materials, including: the grade of studs, rafters and trusses.
- Installation of all products greatly determines how well the home will hold up over an extended period of time.
- Vary any of the above factors of quality products, amenities and workmanship and you can have a big difference in price — and a different “Custom” Home project.
- Kaufman Homes has the reputation of providing the Customer the “best” value for the price by blending what the Customer wants with the appropriate quality materials and the highest quality of workmanship.